Modern lens assemblies increasingly consist of bonded components, which not only reduces costs but also saves on space and weight.
The OptiCentric® Bonding Station 2D tilts or shifts a lens in the cell so that the optical axis corresponds with the cell axis as much as possible.
- Alignment accuracy of better than 2 μm (tilting or shifting)
- Highly accurate alignment of a single lens in the cell or assembly of a lens system in two degrees of freedom
- Fully automatic, PC-controlled bonding process: measuring, aligning, controlling of bonding dispenser and UV curing
- Alignment and bonding based on the SmartAlignsoftware module
- Equipped with three actuators on z stepper Motor stage for precise alignment of the lens process time 2 min. (alignment and bonding process)
- Automated bonding of lens into a cell
- Centration measurement of lens assemblies to reference axis
- Automated alignment, glue dispensing and UV curing for bonding of lens assemblies
The new OptiCentric® 9 software allows intuitive control of the complete measuring and alignment process of an OptiCentric® system. For user-friendly operation, all setup steps and test sequences were mapped in linear processes. The newly designed software guides the user through all sub-steps, whereby only the relevant details are displayed. In this way, the software focuses on the essentials and increases process reliability.
The check begins with the selection of the relevant testing process. This can be, for example, the centration test of a single lens, the cementing of a doublet or triplet or the bonding of a lens into a mount. The user is guided through the setup steps and receives assistance wherever necessary. The software checks the respective inputs for plausibility and thus ensures the configuration of a correct process flow. Then the measurement takes place. Its measurement results are statistically analyzed and output in a clear table or integrated in a measurement certificate.
- Comprehensive and professional control of all measuring and alignment processes
- User-friendly and intuitive handling due to a linear process structure and guided processes
- Data acquisition and evaluation of all integrated sensors as well as checking the measuring process
- Patented MultiLens software module for the measurement of complex objective lenses
- Centration error calculation and alignment independent of the primary alignment accuracy of the reference element by a freely definable mechanical or optical reference axis (SmartAlign)
- Flexibly configurable data import and export allows a fast and complex connection to existing processes or databases
- Optional software extensions for the measurement of objective lenses, aspheres and cylindrical lenses
The three powerful modules MultiLens, Alignment and SmartAlign make OptiCentric® a highly precise system for the inspection and alignment of complex objective lenses.
MultiLens: Measuring and Aligning Lenses to a Freely Selectable Reference Axis
MultiLens is the software module for measuring objective lenses. The centration error of each individual surface of an objective lens and the overall centration of the system are determined non-destructively. This information can be used to calculate the centration of each lens or sub-group to a freely selectable reference axis.
Alignment: Alignment of Lenses
The alignment module enables the production of doublet or triplets and mounted lenses. It supports the planning of the complete alignment process including the application of the adhesive and its curing.
SmartAlign: Centration Error Adjustment In Reference to a Pre-adjusted Axes Only
The SmartAlign module allows the precise and fast alignment of optical elements to a user-defined axis. This reference axis, which can be represented by optical or mechanical surfaces, only needs to be pre-adjusted for this process. Therefore, this unique tool is used successfully especially in automated OptiCentric® cementing and bonding systems.
|OptiCentric® Bonding Station 2D|
|Application||Bonding in 2 degrees of freedom,
Alignment with three actuators
|Max. diameter of the lens||200 mm|
|Max. diameter of the cell||10 – 200 mm|
|Lens weight||< 10 kg|
|Cell weight||< 10 kg|
|x/y (Lens)||0.1 µm|
|z (Lens)||No (optional)|
|x/y (cell)||< 0.2 µm|
|Positioning accuracy||x or y: 2 µm|
|Process time||2 min 1) 2)|
|Measurement in reflection||Yes|
|Visual measurement head||Yes|
1) depending on lens geometry
2) without UV curing
The OptiCentric® systems are modular and can be expanded with upgrades and accessories to extend their range of application when measuring centration, aligning lenses and cementing of achromats:
Accessories for the Alignment and Assembly of Optics
UV light source, manual bonding unit with foot pedal, automated bonding unit, needles and tubes for bonding unit, other accessories
Manipulator for Various Sample Sizes
The manipulator can be adapted to different sample sizes. It is possible that the customer does the adaption.
Various chucks are available for use when cementing to an arbor or a rod lens, which ensure both good pre-centration of the sample and a stable mount. Individual solutions may also be developed, depending on the geometry of the sample.
A range of different adhesives are available to choose from and purchase. In addition to the required accuracy, selection of the correct adhesive also depends on the refractive index, the geometry of the sample and the subsequent application. Therefore, the best solution always has to be found individually. Our professional team will gladly advise you if needed and automatically provide the appropriate adhesive.
Barcode scanners are also often used in production to quickly and easily load design files of various types of lenses into the software.
Additionally almost all updates, upgrades and accessories available for OptiCentric® are available for OptiCentric® Bonding as well.