The OptiCentric® Bonding Station 5D has been developed to achieve the highest accuracy requirements when precision optics are aligned and bonded within a cell.
The system automatically aligns a lens within a cell so that the optical axis of the lens coincides to the axis of symmetry of the cell in tilt and shift. During this process the lens is not supported by the cell, but is hold on a ring chuck which can be aligned to any axis within the cell.
Furthermore, the Bonding Station determines the axial gap in the Z direction between a reference surface, e.g. the upper flange surface of the cell, and the lens vertex using the integrated OptiSurf® low-coherence interferometer. It then shifts the lens to the target position.
- Alignment of lenses in a cell in 5 degrees of freedom
- Positioning accuracy of the system:
- x/y/z <1 µm
- θx,θy < 2arcsec
(Alignment accuracy of the lens depending on the sample)
- Short cycle time < 5 min
(without glue dispensing and UV curing)
- Fully automated alignment process
- Stable process, independent from the qualification of the operator
- Quick and easy change-over to other sample type
- Assembly of lenses with highest requirements for accuracy
- The adhesive is applied to the edge of the lens and the spatial positions of the lens axis and cell axis are measured;
- The lens is aligned in the cell in four degrees of freedom;
- The axial gap between the apex point of the lens and a reference surface is measured and the lens adjusted axially;
- The adhesive is cured;
The new OptiCentric® 9 software allows intuitive control of the complete measuring and alignment process of an OptiCentric® system. For user-friendly operation, all setup steps and test sequences were mapped in linear processes. The newly designed software guides the user through all sub-steps, whereby only the relevant details are displayed. In this way, the software focuses on the essentials and increases process reliability.
The check begins with the selection of the relevant testing process. This can be, for example, the centration test of a single lens, the cementing of a doublet or triplet or the bonding of a lens into a mount. The user is guided through the setup steps and receives assistance wherever necessary. The software checks the respective inputs for plausibility and thus ensures the configuration of a correct process flow. Then the measurement takes place. Its measurement results are statistically analyzed and output in a clear table or integrated in a measurement certificate.
- Comprehensive and professional control of all measuring and alignment processes
- User-friendly and intuitive handling due to a linear process structure and guided processes
- Data acquisition and evaluation of all integrated sensors as well as checking the measuring process
- Patented MultiLens software module for the measurement of complex objective lenses
- Centration error calculation and alignment independent of the primary alignment accuracy of the reference element by a freely definable mechanical or optical reference axis (SmartAlign)
- Flexibly configurable data import and export allows a fast and complex connection to existing processes or databases
- Optional software extensions for the measurement of objective lenses, aspheres and cylindrical lenses
The three powerful modules MultiLens, Alignment and SmartAlign make OptiCentric® a highly precise system for the inspection and alignment of complex objective lenses.
MultiLens: Measuring and Aligning Lenses to a Freely Selectable Reference Axis
MultiLens is the software module for measuring objective lenses. The centration error of each individual surface of an objective lens and the overall centration of the system are determined non-destructively. This information can be used to calculate the centration of each lens or sub-group to a freely selectable reference axis.
Alignment: Alignment of Lenses
The alignment module enables the production of doublet or triplets and mounted lenses. It supports the planning of the complete alignment process including the application of the adhesive and its curing.
SmartAlign: Centration Error Adjustment In Reference to a Pre-adjusted Axes Only
The SmartAlign module allows the precise and fast alignment of optical elements to a user-defined axis. This reference axis, which can be represented by optical or mechanical surfaces, only needs to be pre-adjusted for this process. Therefore, this unique tool is used successfully especially in automated OptiCentric® cementing and bonding systems.
|OptiCentric® Bonding Station 5D|
|Lens Diameter||10 ... 150 mm*|
|Cell Diameter||20 ... 260 mm*|
|Lens weight||1 kg*|
|Cell weight||20 kg*|
|Measurement accuracy||x/y < 0.1 µm**
z < ± 1µm
Cell < 0.2µm
|Positioning accuracy||x,y,z: < 1 µm**
Θx, Θy < 2arcsec
|Process time incl. loading||< 5 min**,***|
* others on request
** Depending on sample geometry
*** Without UV curing and depending on defined process steps