Semi-automated bonding is the optimum choice for higher volume production tasks.
OptiCentric® UltraPrecision is upgraded for semi-automatic bonding with a frame containing all bonding and measurement equipment. All tools are fully integrated and software-controlled for an efficient lens alignment and bonding process.
- Alignment accuracy better than 2 µm
- SmartAlign Software for the precise alignment in non-centered housings
- All bonding and measurement tools are integrated on a motorized frame
- Automated and precise height adjustment of the bonding frame for stepwise assembly of optics up to 1.5m height
- Highly efficient process because time consuming exchange of alignment and bonding devices is not needed
- Based on OptiCentric® UltraPrecision for the measurement of large and heavy lenses
- Manual coarse positioning of the alignment tools, automatic and precise alignment of the lens in the cell
- Alignment of the optics with three linear actuators in one step
- Advanced software controls the complete OptiCentric® Bonding System including measurement, SmartAlign calculations, alignment, glue bonding and UV curing
- Contactless measurement of lens and housing parameters
- Characterization of a complete lens assembly
- Assembly of large and heavy lenses for micro lithography, space or other industries
- Assembly of IR optics
The new OptiCentric® 9 software allows intuitive control of the complete measuring and alignment process of an OptiCentric® system. For user-friendly operation, all setup steps and test sequences were mapped in linear processes. The newly designed software guides the user through all sub-steps, whereby only the relevant details are displayed. In this way, the software focuses on the essentials and increases process reliability.
The check begins with the selection of the relevant testing process. This can be, for example, the centration test of a single lens, the cementing of a doublet or triplet or the bonding of a lens into a mount. The user is guided through the setup steps and receives assistance wherever necessary. The software checks the respective inputs for plausibility and thus ensures the configuration of a correct process flow. Then the measurement takes place. Its measurement results are statistically analyzed and output in a clear table or integrated in a measurement certificate.
- Comprehensive and professional control of all measuring and alignment processes
- User-friendly and intuitive handling due to a linear process structure and guided processes
- Data acquisition and evaluation of all integrated sensors as well as checking the measuring process
- Patented MultiLens software module for the measurement of complex objective lenses
- Centration error calculation and alignment independent of the primary alignment accuracy of the reference element by a freely definable mechanical or optical reference axis (SmartAlign)
- Flexibly configurable data import and export allows a fast and complex connection to existing processes or databases
- Optional software extensions for the measurement of objective lenses, aspheres and cylindrical lenses
The three powerful modules MultiLens, Alignment and SmartAlign make OptiCentric® a highly precise system for the inspection and alignment of complex objective lenses.
MultiLens: Measuring and Aligning Lenses to a Freely Selectable Reference Axis
MultiLens is the software module for measuring objective lenses. The centration error of each individual surface of an objective lens and the overall centration of the system are determined non-destructively. This information can be used to calculate the centration of each lens or sub-group to a freely selectable reference axis.
Alignment: Alignment of Lenses
The alignment module enables the production of doublet or triplets and mounted lenses. It supports the planning of the complete alignment process including the application of the adhesive and its curing.
SmartAlign: Centration Error Adjustment In Reference to a Pre-adjusted Axes Only
The SmartAlign module allows the precise and fast alignment of optical elements to a user-defined axis. This reference axis, which can be represented by optical or mechanical surfaces, only needs to be pre-adjusted for this process. Therefore, this unique tool is used successfully especially in automated OptiCentric® cementing and bonding systems.
|OptiCentric® 300 UltraPrecision Bonding||OptiCentric® 600 UltraPrecision Bonding||OptiCentric® 800 UltraPrecision Bonding|
|Air bearing||Ø 300 mm||Ø 600 mm||Ø 800 mm|
|Centration measurement accuracy*||0.1 µm||0.1 µm||0.1 µm|
|Alignment accuracy**||Better than 2 µm||Better than 2 µm||Better than 2 µm|
|Alignment duration***||Approx. 15 s||Approx. 15 s||Approx. 15 s|
|Sample height||1000 mm |
|1500 mm |
|As an option: center thickness and |
air gap measurement
|1 µm |
|1 µm |
|Max sample weight||450 kg||900 kg||1200 kg|
|Range of radii or EFL||± 5 ... 2000 mm (extendable)||± 5-2000 mm (extendable)||± 5 ... 2000 mm (extendable)|
|Measuring head||Top: C-ACM 500 ... 57 |
Bottom: C-ACM 300-57
|Top: C-ACM 500-57 |
Bottom: C-ACM 300-57
|Top: C-ACM 500-57
Bottom: C-ACM 300-57
|Light source||High Power Green LED, others on request||High Power Green LED, others on request||High Power Green LED, others on request|
* In stable environment conditions at 100 mm height over the top surface of the air bearing
** Depending on work piece
*** Without glue curing time
The OptiCentric® MAX UP is available as bonding system for manual as well as for semi-automatic bonding. For simple bonding processes intended for low quantities, TRIOPTICS recommends the bonding system for manual bonding. For recurring processes and higher quantities, we recommend the bonding system for semi-automatic bonding.
UV light source, manual bonding unit with foot pedal, automated bonding unit, needles and tubes for bonding unit, other accessories.
Additionally almost all updates, upgrades and accessories available for OptiCentric® are available for OptiCentric® MAX UP as well.