With ProCam® Inline TRIOPTICS offers a modular manufacturing line for active alignment, assembly and testing of camera modules in mass production. The complete process of camera module manufacturing is covered by a customizable concept involving handling, incoming control, cleaning, dispensing, gluing, aligning, curing, end-of-line testing, calibration and sorting.
With this solution it is possible to maximize the performance of camera modules and increase the output at the same time.
- Active alignment within sub-micron/sub-arcmin precision; with decreasing pixel size and F#, alignment accuracy increases
- Up to 6 degrees of freedom actuator for X/Y/Z, Rx, Ry, Rz alignment
- Real-time MTF characterization and final MTF test
- Active alignment for wide-angle optics up to FOV 140°; FOV up to 170° possible after individual clarification
- Innovative target projection for finite and infinite object distances
- Dual-/Stereo- and Triple-Camera alignment on request
- Parallel processing: assembly line optimized for high volume camera module production
- All process modules (e.g. CamTest, Active Alignment, …) are implementable in customer production lines
- Active Alignment and Assembly of Objective Lenses and Image Sensors
The ProCam® software “CamAlign” consists of components for the fully-automated active alignment process:
- Using high precision image analysis algorithms, all relevant parameters for the accurate alignment process such as the MTF at multiple field positions and the tilt of the image plane are automatically analyzed in real-time and used in the alignment process.
- All stages including the alignment, glue dispensing and curing process are software controlled for the highest automation integration.
- With the integrated scripting tool, the measurement and alignment process can easily be tailored to specific customer needs and devices.
- The measurement data of the finished module can be stored or written in a database for complete traceability within the process.
- Configuration files for different types of camera modules are available.
For testing applications, a range of parameters can be automatically analyzed if the required hardware features are present:
- Image quality properties: MTF
- Opto-mechanical properties: sensor centering and tilt alignment, sensor rotation
- Autofocus precision
- Colour properties: color rendition, white balance
- Sensor properties: dynamic range, linearity, noise, bad
|Characteristics||ProCam® Align Smart|
|Alignment degrees of freedom (DoF)||up to 6|
|6 DoF linear alignment resolution||< 0.5 µm|
|Final sample linear alignment accuracy||< 4 µm*|
|6 DoF tilt alignment resolution||< 0.7 arcsec|
|Final sample tilt alignment accuracy||< 4 arcmin*|
|Final roll angle alignment accuracy||< 6 arcmin* (sensor to sensor)
< 12 arcmin* (sensor to mechanical reference)
|Sample effective focal length||1 to 12 mm (ColFix) / 1.8 to 12 mm (ColMot)|
|Sample diameter||4 to 30 mm (smaller or larger diameters on request)|
|Field of View: test chart|
Field of View: collimators
|up to 70 ° (up to 100° possible after individual clarification)
up to 140° (up to 170° possible after individual clarification)
|Max. UPH (Units Per Hour)||180**|
|Footprint (length, depth, height)||Smallest size: 2125 mm, 1920 mm, 2636 mm; customized|
|Camera interface||Software Development Kit (SDK) provided enabling to connect to all
standard interfaces (either MIPI, Paralell, LVDS, Analog or directly to PC via e.g. USB, FireWire, CamLink, GigE)
* Typical accuracy reached on following sample parameter : pixel size 6 µm, F# = 2.8, EFL = 4.5mm
** Cycle time calculated on following parameter: sensor board initialization time < 1 s, camera frames > 30 fps, UV snap curing < 2 s with preselected lenses