These highly integrated phase-shifting Twyman-Green interferometer sensors meet the toughest demands for modern quality management. In combination with the μShape™ measuring and analysis software these high-performance precision measuring instruments provide information about the specimen’s surface deviation or wave front aberration.
- Fast and non-destructive single-shot measurements
- High resolution camera
- Easy adaption to different sample reflectivities (µPhase® 1000 only)
- Ability to focus on sample surface (µPhase® 1000 only)
- Second Camera for alignment
- Compact size and modularity
- Robust, dust-proof housing
- Integration in production machines and production lines easily possible
- Standard measuring wavelength 632.8 nm;
customized versions measuring at wavelengths
from 355 nm to 1064 nm on request
- Well-structured and comprehensive software supports both production and laboratory use
Each µPhase® interferometer is supplied with an application-focused µShape™ software version. It is used for measuring the topography of flat, spherical, cylindrical, toric and aspherical surfaces or wave fronts and suitable for production, laboratory and research. Add-on modules make it possible to adapt the software to customer specific demands. These modules can be added at any time even after purchase of the µPhase® system.
The software controls and displays the measurement results, stores and documents all measurement raw data and ensures maximum transparency and traceability.
With its clear and menu-driven user interface, μShape™ perfectly deals with the variety of measurement requirements and provides several modules which expand the capabilities of μShape™.
- Different user levels with different access rights
- Comprehensive context-sensitive online help
- Easily pre-configured templates for any kind of measuring tasks and analyses
- Graphic windows can be stored in several graphic formats (bmp, jpg…)
- Export of individual parameters or of selected data fields as text, binary or other common file formats (e.g. QED, Zygo XYZ, DigitalSurf) for external processing
- The measurement results are presented in parameters or graphically as a cross section, in 2D or 3D
- Measurement protocol shows the results at a glance and can be widely configured including the customers logo
- Shortcuts for the most used program functions
- Various program modes allow the separate visualization of calibration and measurement processes and their parameters with an integrated live camera image
- Storage of all parameters and settings, including window size and position, with sample data in μShape™ program file
- Continuously improvements with regular updates – offered on request or as software flat rate
- Analysis of aspherical surfaces in spherical or CGH setups
- Analysis of cylindrical or toric surfaces
- External communication interface for controlling the interferometer by external programs, e.g. in an automated system
- Measuring the homogeneity of glass plates
- MTF analysis of focal or afocal optical components and systems
- Measuring multiple apertures in one shot, e.g. on polishing heads
- Statistical analysis of multiple sub-apertures at the same time
- Prism and wedge measurement and analysis
- Considering known sample deviations, e.g. deviations caused by the optical design
- Analysis of the tool offset of lathe machines
- Analysis of wafer plates
- Roughness and PSD analysis
- Static fringe analysis for fast measurements in instable environments
The Asphere module features analyzing rotational symmetric strong aspheres in an aspherical setup using a computer-generated hologram (CGH) as well as weaker aspheres in spherical setups. The asphere description can be entered and stored, various formats are supported. Residual adjustment errors as well as systematic setup errors are removed by an aspheric fit.
The Cylinder module analyzes cylindrical samples in a cylindrical setup (using CGH). Residual adjustment errors are removed by a cylinder fit.
The External Interface Module allows communication between the µShape and external software like for example LabVIEW™.
The Fiber Connector add-on offers the analysis of fiber connector end faces of type PC (physical contact) according to international IEC convention. The main parameters are measured with one measurement only and displayed with optional pass/fail analysis.
In this program mode the two parts influencing the optical path through a test sample, i.e. the homogeneity (refractive index variation) and the thickness variation, can be determined.
With the help of the external control and analysis program µStitch your interferometer can measure larger flat or spherical samples in sub-apertures and stitch them together to get the topography information of the complete surface. Interface to lateral positioning systems on request.
In this program mode different data maps can be analyzed combined by mathematics calculation to an additional result map. Matrix operations are not possible.
Multiple Apertures analysis
This module enables the common measurement and analysis of non-connected sub-apertures in one field of view, e.g. when measuring parts fixed on a polishing head.
Multiple Statistics analysis
When the sample specification defines different limits for different sub-areas of the same sample the MultiStat module allows to calculate it all in one measurement and lists the results for each area separately.
The angle errors of 90° and corner cube prisms as well as the angle of wedges can be measured interferometrically, by analyzing the observed fringe patterns due to the angle deviation from the target angle 90° resp. 0°.
Sample Normal Data
Sample normal (SND) data allows to specify and consider additional errors of the test sample, e.g. design-related nominal values
The tool offset calculation is implemented in the µShape software as method to compensate alignment errors of turning machines.
The Wafer analysis allows you to subclassify a circular aperture in rectangular areas of arbitrary size and characterize each sub area by the arithmetic mean resp. SFQR (Site Front-side Least Squares Focal Plane Range) value.
With help of the Torus software add-on toric samples are analyzed in a toric or spherical setup. Residual adjustment errors are removed by a torus fit. Very useful for measuring contact lenses and molds.
The wedge analysis determines the wedge angle of flat mirrors and the optical wedge of flat transmitting plates in one shot using an auxiliary mirror behind the object to under test.
TRIOPTICS develops all interferometry software features in-house and offers custom-specific measurement procedures, calculation of company-specific parameters as well as data displays and outputs for special needs. Contact your local µPhase® partner and describe your requirements.
|Measurement head||Unit||µPhase® 500||µPhase® 1000 (TG)||µPhase® 1000 (FIZ)|
|Camera resolution||mm||512 x 512||1024 x 1020||1024 x 1020|
|Reflection settings||Fixed setting, |
suitable for 4-80 %
|0.5 %, 1 %, 4 %, 80 %||0.5 %, 1 %, 4 %, 80 %|
|Measurement wavelength||nm||632.8||632.8, |
others on request
others on request
|Dimensions||mm||121 x 97 x 56||121 x 97 x 56||121 x 97 x 56|
The μPhase® systems are modular and their application range can be expanded by adding software and accessories. All options listed here can also be purchased as added extras at a later date.
The camera resolution of the μPhase® 500 can be increased to 1000 x 1000 pixels on purchase or at a later date.
More information about µLens
Various test lenses
All basic μPhase devices and most plane objectives feature a bayonet connection which enables quick and easy exchange between different system configurations. This means the application range of the interferometer can be expanded after purchase.
Flat and Spherical Reference Surfaces
Available as uncoated or mirrored surfaces in various diameters for optimum contrast and adaptation to the test objective
For offline analysis and documentation at office workstations without direct access to the μPhase® hardware