The ATS 100 is a compact and stable alignment turning station optimized for serial production. It machines lenses with a diameter of up to 100 mm and a maximum weight of 3 kg.
Like all alignment turning stations developed by TRIOPTICS, the ATS 100 is a combination of compact and stable turning station and TRIOPTICS’ proven centration measurement technology. Lens mounts can be machined so that the symmetry axis of the mount coincides with the optical axis of the lens assembled in the mount. With ATS 100, it is possible to achieve a repeatability of better than 2.5 µm. In addition, the front and rear flange surfaces of the mounted lens can be adjusted to the target distance in order to correct the air gap between the lens elements. The current temperature is taken into account in all machining steps and included in the cutting process.
The entire structure of the ATS 100 is based on a mineral composite base and is equipped with an automated alignment chuck, precision roller bearings, the autocollimator and other measuring technology. An industrial chip extraction system is provided for easy cleaning of the working chamber.
- Alignment turning station for machining mounted lenses up to a diameter of 100 mm with a repeatability of better than 2.5 µm
- Machining frame materials of brass, aluminum, steel and NIP
- Automated alignment chuck for precise alignment of the mounted lens
- Intuitive operation: one software solution combines all measuring and machining procedures
- Measurement of both lens surfaces with an autocollimator with MultiLens software module
- Integral measurement technology: mechanical and optical distance sensors, OptiSurf® low-coherence interferometer, second autocollimator
- Mineral Composite base for stability
- Advantages of the vertical setup: Prevents the spindle causing a tilting moment during machining, reduced footprint, convenient loading and unloading
- Wear-free, aerostatic axes guarantee accuracy
- Alignment turning of mounted lenses with a diameter of up to 100 mm and a weight of up to 3 kg
The Windows-based graphical user interface for the ATS 100/200 combines the operation of all machine functions with the routines used to measure the centration. A graphical editor is used to first enter the relevant dimensions of the cell that are to be machined by the system. In addition, the optical data of the lens can be entered so as to be able to measure the centration of the lens. From these data, the software calculates all the movements of the axes, both for the measurement as well as for the subsequent machining of the cell. The software supports operation via touch screen. The operator can therefore change the cell data or production data by pressing the screen. Three permission levels make it possible to assign supervisor status to individual employees in order to make a distinction as to who can change what data in the program. While it is possible to call individual software functions specifically, the particular advantage of the software is its support for the series process. The software actively alerts the operator to the next steps to be taken and in particular monitors the result of the adjustment and production. At the end of the whole process the software can issue a certificate with the achieved tolerances. This allows subsequent retracing of individual mounted lenses back into production.
- Automatic assessment of centering error of both surfaces
- Graphical representation of the alignment process and accuracy
- Optimized travel of the axis reduces time for machining
- In-process control measurement before the final finishing
- Task oriented user guidance through the alignment process
- Certificates give information about the final accuracies of the cell
- Permission levels in three groups
- Prepared for touch screen usage
|Machine type||Vertical CNC turning machine with 3 aerostatic precision axes and integrated measurement systems
|Measurement system||Based on OptiCentric® optional: OptiCentric® Dual|
|Maximum workpiece diameter||100 mm|
|Maximum workpiece weight||3 kg|
|Workpiece material||Diamond machinable non-ferrous metals (in particular brass, aluminum, steel and NIP)|
|IR lenses||Yes, by infrared measurement head or OptiCentric® Dual|
|Remaining centration error after machining||< 2.5 µm Concentricity of the cell after machining|
TRIOTPICS offers various upgrades to adapt the ATS 100 to manufacturing requirements or to further increase efficiency:
- Second autocollimator
- Measurement of aspherical lenses
- Measurement of infrared lenses with second autocollimator
- Optical sensors
- Head lens changer
If the optical axis of an aspherical lens needs to be aligned to the rotational axis of the spindle, it is necessary to expand the system. An additional sensor is integrated into the machine, adding asphere measurement functions to the software.
- Production of the lens cell with respect to the axis of the asphere
- The optical sensor is installed on a rotary table and can be positioned perpendicular to the lens surface
- Software update for measuring aspheres