With ProCam® Align Smart, TRIOPTICS offers a stand-alone solution for the highest optical performance in camera module production by using active alignment.
The manufacturing process starts with automated glue dispensing, followed by the alignment of the optics to the sensor or vice versa. Alignment includes precise adjustments for translation, tilt, focus and rotation to allow for optimal image quality. The process finishes with the automated curing process.
By using exchangeable assembly jigs, the ProCam® Align Smart features the possibility of manufacturing multiple camera module types within one instrument. These customized jigs allow an easy change-over procedure between the assemblies of different types of camera modules.
- Active alignment within sub-micron/sub-arcmin precision
- Up to 6 degrees of freedom
- Real-time MTF characterization and final MTF test
- Active alignment of wide-angle optics up to FOV 140° (FOV up to 170° possible after individual clarification)
- Innovative target projection for infinite-finite and finite-finite conjugated samples
- Dual-/Stereo- and Triple-Camera alignment on request
- Easy change-over procedure using kinematic mount
- Automated process: gluing, aligning and curing
- Optimized system for R&D assembly and low to mid volume production
- Active Alignment and Assembly of Objective Lenses and Image Sensors
The ProCam® software “CamAlign” consists of components for the fully-automated active alignment process:
- Using high precision image analysis algorithms, all relevant parameters for the accurate alignment process such as the MTF at multiple field positions and the tilt of the image plane are automatically analyzed in real-time and used in the alignment process.
- All stages including the alignment, glue dispensing and curing process are software controlled for the highest automation integration.
- With the integrated scripting tool, the measurement and alignment process can easily be tailored to specific customer needs and devices.
- The measurement data of the finished module can be stored or written in a database for complete traceability within the process.
- Configuration files for different types of camera modules are available.
For testing applications, a range of parameters can be automatically analyzed if the required hardware features are present:
- Image quality properties: MTF
- Opto-mechanical properties: sensor centering and tilt alignment, sensor rotation
- Autofocus precision
- Colour properties: color rendition, white balance
- Sensor properties: dynamic range, linearity, noise, bad
|Characteristics||ProCam® Align Smart|
|Alignment degrees of freedom (DoF)||up to 6|
|6 DoF linear alignment resolution||< 0.5 µm|
|Final sample linear alignment accuracy||< 4 µm*|
|6 DoF tilt alignment resolution||< 0.7 arcsec|
|Final sample tilt alignment accuracy||< 4 arcmin*|
|Final roll angle alignment accuracy||< 6 arcmin* (sensor to sensor)
< 12 arcmin* (sensor to mechanical reference)
|Sample effective focal length||1 to 12 mm (ColFix) / 1.8 to 12 mm (ColMot)|
|Sample diameter||4 to 30 mm (smaller or larger diameters on request)|
|Field of View: test chart|
Field of View: collimators
|up to 70 ° (up to 100° possible after individual clarification)
up to 140° (up to 170° possible after individual clarification)
|Max. UPH (Units Per Hour)||30**|
|Footprint (length, depth, height)||1700 mm, 1100 mm, 1840 mm|
|Camera interface||Software Development Kit (SDK) provided enabling to connect to all
standard interfaces (either MIPI, Paralell, LVDS, Analog or directly to PC via e.g. USB, FireWire, CamLink, GigE)
* Typical accuracy reached on following sample parameter : pixel size 6 µm, F# = 2.8, EFL = 4.5mm
** Cycle time calculated on following parameter: sensor board initialization time < 1 s, camera frames > 30 fps, UV snap curing < 2 s with preselected lenses