The OptiCentric® 300/600 UltraPrecision devices transfer the advantages of the OptiCentric® 100 series to the measurement of large, heavy lens assemblies with a weight of up to 1200 kg and a diameter of 800 mm.
The system‘s design on a granite base provides you with extraordinary rigidity and thermal stability, so that the greatest accuracy is achieved even with slowly curing adhesives.
- Measuring extremely large, heavy lenses with up to 1200 kg weight, max. Ø 800mm, max. height 1500 mm
- Granite based construction provides exceptional rigidity and thermal stability
- Linear air bearing with encoder for precise positioning of the upper measurement head
- Ultra-accurate measurement of lens centering with autocollimation measurement head
- Exchangeable head lenses for virtually unlimited measurement range without the need for inconveniently long stage movements of the measuring head
- Measurement in reflection or transmission
- Large range of software options: MultiLens, AspheroCheck®, SmartAlign
- Optional center thickness measurement with an accuracy of up to 0.15 µm
- Second measurement stage below the sample for extended measurement capabilities
- Fully integrated accessories like tool stage, measuring gauge, glue dispenser, UV illumination
- Advanced software controls the complete OptiCentric® system
- Measurement centering of optical system with MultiLens Software module
- Measuring the optical axis with respect to a mechanical axis (e.g. housing axis)
- Measurement of EFL, BFL, FFL, MTF on axis (OptiSpheric® upgrade)
- Measurements of air gaps and center thicknesses by using a low-coherence interferometer (OptiCentric® 3D upgrade)
- Surface radius measurement
- Measurement of spherical, aspheric, cylinder lenses
- Measurement of infrared lenses (OptiCentric® UltraPrecision configuration depends on lens material and application)
The new OptiCentric® 9 software allows intuitive control of the complete measuring and alignment process of an OptiCentric® system. For user-friendly operation, all setup steps and test sequences were mapped in linear processes. The newly designed software guides the user through all sub-steps, whereby only the relevant details are displayed. In this way, the software focuses on the essentials and increases process reliability.
The check begins with the selection of the relevant testing process. This can be, for example, the centration test of a single lens, the cementing of a doublet or triplet or the bonding of a lens into a mount. The user is guided through the setup steps and receives assistance wherever necessary. The software checks the respective inputs for plausibility and thus ensures the configuration of a correct process flow. Then the measurement takes place. Its measurement results are statistically analyzed and output in a clear table or integrated in a measurement certificate.
- Comprehensive and professional control of all measuring and alignment processes
- User-friendly and intuitive handling due to a linear process structure and guided processes
- Data acquisition and evaluation of all integrated sensors as well as checking the measuring process
- Patented MultiLens software module for the measurement of complex objective lenses
- Centration error calculation and alignment independent of the primary alignment accuracy of the reference element by a freely definable mechanical or optical reference axis (SmartAlign)
- Flexibly configurable data import and export allows a fast and complex connection to existing processes or databases
- Optional software extensions for the measurement of objective lenses, aspheres and cylindrical lenses
The three powerful modules MultiLens, Alignment and SmartAlign make OptiCentric® a highly precise system for the inspection and alignment of complex objective lenses.
MultiLens: Measuring and Aligning Lenses to a Freely Selectable Reference Axis
MultiLens is the software module for measuring objective lenses. The centration error of each individual surface of an objective lens and the overall centration of the system are determined non-destructively. This information can be used to calculate the centration of each lens or sub-group to a freely selectable reference axis.
Alignment: Alignment of Lenses
The alignment module enables the production of doublet or triplets and mounted lenses. It supports the planning of the complete alignment process including the application of the adhesive and its curing.
SmartAlign: Centration Error Adjustment In Reference to a Pre-adjusted Axes Only
The SmartAlign module allows the precise and fast alignment of optical elements to a user-defined axis. This reference axis, which can be represented by optical or mechanical surfaces, only needs to be pre-adjusted for this process. Therefore, this unique tool is used successfully especially in automated OptiCentric® cementing and bonding systems.
|Measurement accuracy in VIS range(1)||0.1 µm||0.1 µm||0.1 µm|
|Sample diameter||400 mm||700 mm||900 mm|
|Air bearing||Ø 300 mm||Ø 600 mm||Ø 800 mm|
|Sample height||1000 mm (others on request)||1500 mm (others on request)||1500 mm (others on request)|
|Max. sample weight||450 kg||900 kg||1200 kg|
|Measurement heads |
for VIS spectral range(2)
|Top: electronic ACM 500 mm EFL |
Bottom: electronic ACM, 300 mm EFL
|Top: electronic ACM 500 mm EFL |
Bottom: electronic ACM, 300 mm EFL
|Top: electronic ACM 500 mm EFL
Bottom: electronic ACM, 300 mm EFL-57**
|Light source(3)||Green high power LED||Green high power LED||Green high power LED|
1) In stable environment conditions in 100 mm height over the top surface of the air bearing
2) Other electronic autocollimators on request
3) Other on request
- Second measurement head beneath the air bearing:
Setup as OptiCentric® UP Dual
- Equipped with low-coherence interferometer OptiSurf® for the center thickness measurement:
Setup as OptiCentric® 3D UP
- Equipped with IR measurement head:
Setup as OptiCentric® UP IR
- OptiCentric® System
- Rack with controller units and PC
- Set of head lenses
The OptiCentric® systems are modular and can be expanded with upgrades and accessories to extend their range of application when measuring centration, aligning lenses and cementing of achromats:
In addition to centration, with an OptiSpheric® Update it is also possible to measure the effective focal length, back focal length, flange focal length, radius of curvature and the on-axis MTF.
MultiLens is the software Update for measuring and aligning objectives. The centration error of each surface of an objective lens and the centration of the system are measured non-destructively.
With the patented SmartAlign algorithm, available as an update for the OptiCentric® software, the position of the measured centration error with respect to a user-defined optical or mechanical axis is analyzed. This unique tool is used with particular success in the “OptiCentric® for Production Series”.
Upgrade for Cementing of Doublets
Each OptiCentric® system that is equipped with an air bearing can be upgraded for high-precision alignment and cementing of lenses. Hence, investments in a new system are not necessary.
With the CylinderCheck upgrade it is possible to determine the centration of the cylinder axis and the wedge of cylindrical lenses.
Upgrade for Testing Infrared Optics
For quality control of mounted infrared optics, the measurement head measuring in the visual range is exchanged for a measurement head that works with infrared ligh
The AspheroCheck® upgrade uses a high-precision optical distance sensor to measure the slope and position of an aspherical axis relative to a given reference axis.
This upgrade transforms the OptiCentric® system into a powerful tool for the angle measurement of plane optics.
MultiCentric® Measurement Head
The MultiCentric® measurement head measures simultaneously the three centers of curvature. The advantages of the new measurement head are particularly evident in alignment cementing and production testing of achromats/doublets, since the process time per sample is significantly reduced.
In principle, all devices of the OptiCentric® range can be integrated into the workstation. Accessories, PC and various controllers in particular can be mounted and stored away in the specially designed table concept. As a result, day-to-day work with our equipment is made easier, simultaneously resulting in increased efficiency and ergonomics.
Rotation Device with Vacuum Unit
The rotation device with vacuum unit is a rotation device to measure the centering error of single lenses with the outer edge as the reference. The lens is rotated using a motor-driven friction wheel against a V-prism. The lens is held in position by vacuum.
The control of all functions such as the pressure, rotational speed and vacuum pump is integrated in one control unit. A compressed air line system is not required.
Extending the Measuring Range
The head lenses allow the measuring range of an OptiCentric® system for radii of curvature and focal lengths to be extended to ±2000 mm and more. This means OptiCentric® systems are much more flexible than systems that work without head lenses.
Linear encoder upgrade for high resolution.
A turret is recommended to change the head lenses quickly and easily. OptiCentric® offers a manual 4x changer and a motorized computer-controlled 6x changer.
Probes and Linear Scales
All sensors and linear scales are fully integrated into the system and analyzed using the software.
The edge of the lens or mount is measured by optical or tactile sensors and used to determine the symmetry axis of the lens or mount. The software then checks how the symmetry axis and optical axis are positioned relative to each other.
Linear scales are required for the radii measurement of lenses.
Most OptiCentric® systems have a standard interface for the illumination, so that different light sources can be used. (High-Power LED, cold light source)
A set with two highly accurate plane-parallel plates (diameter 25 and 50 mm) and two glass beads (diameter 4-12 mm and 14-28 mm) is available for the calibration of samples or for direct alignment of sample mounts and housings
Reference wedges are used to check the measurement accuracy of the OptiCentric® system. They are compliant to international standards
OptiSurf® Reference Objective Lens
In combination with an OptiCentric® 3D update, an gauge block is recommended with which it is possible to check the accuracy of the air gap and center thickness measurement. The gauge block complies with international standards.
Due to the large number of individual lens designs, it is almost impossible to use a standard holder for all lenses. Therefore various sizes of chucks are available that are suitable for many common lens geometries. In addition, the design of the vacuum chuck is kept simple and cost-effective so that in principle they can be made individually and without much cost.